Sunday, August 9, 2020

Where Have All The Words Gone?


Hello, blogging world. It has been a very long time. In fact, it has been over two years since my last post. Something I committed to doing regularly some four years ago, has turned into a  stray sock that fell behind the dryer and was lost forever. Until I did Spring cleaning of course and pulled the dryer out and found said missing sock. As for Spring cleaning, that is a bad word in our home, as is the word "bored". Deep cleaning and I have a hate/hate relationship. 

I digress.

Why am I back to the blogging grind after taking such a long hiatus? Words. Simply put. Words have a tendency to rise up in me, so many that if they do not spill out onto a page, they will insufferably be buried down deep and forgotten. It has been a long, dry, and isolating season for us all as we've suffered the effects of COVID-19 and have holed up in our homes, against our desire, for most of 2020. Now I've consumed my share of words, ideas, and opinions via social media, books, and other miscellaneous forms of communication. But I have not truly expressed very many of my own, organic words. I can get lost in books, both literally and figuratively as my husband and I both stumble over the piles of them I leave EVERYWHERE. If Amazon gave out awards for most prolific book purchasers, I would have that sucker on my desk, displayed proudly. But I struggle to set aside time to get my own words out and organized. What if I stopped worrying about organization and presentation and just got them out? 

Today has been an exceptionally low day. I experienced a "dark night of the soul". I locked myself in my innermost, Holy of Holies, aka my closet, and wrestled with God. The wrestling had less to do with the circumstances surrounding me and more to do with the wellbeing of my spirit man. Ask anyone and I am the poster child of "I'm fine, nothing is wrong!" It has only been these last 8 months or so that God, in His mercy, has begun to unpack my innermost emotional wounds and words, against my will I might add. To the point that I have to unpack, process, and sit in the moment whenever I am overwhelmed. I can no longer shove it down or under the proverbial carpet. It's actually impossible now. My soul refuses to be silenced any longer. Having a voice is a good thing, it's a God thing. For too long I've held a fearful hand over the mouth of my spirit and commanded it to hush. No more. 

6 comments:

  1. Love to see you’re blogging again. Let your words out! I greatly appreciate your vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I greatly appreciate your feedback friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good for you dear Jami! Yes, it has been a hard season for many of us but maybe made us focus on what is really important and not encumbered with the "busyness" of schedules and places to be/go...as I am social being :) I am sitting at my computer watching the birds outside in our backyard and how calm and peaceful it is this morning with no real schedule today. I have been keeping a journal for the first time in a long time and was looking back the other day at all that I have been thankful for (Thousand Gifts) and sayings or notes from other authors and sermons etc to encourage me on. Even though it has been a struggle to stay on top I have gleaned from what I have "penciled" in the last few months and given me hope and perspective. Keep blogging and letting your "voice" be heard. You are an inspiration and dear friend...forever :) Love and hugs from MD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dearest sister-in-Christ Susan :)

      Delete
    2. Sweet Susan, it is ALWAYS lovely and encouraging to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and respond kindly to me. Just typing you a quick reply causes to tears to well up, how I miss the PWOC community and the Hospitality House Family! In a season of not gathering regularly, I am truly thankful for all of those times we have gathered in the past with fellow believers!

      Delete
    3. Amen! So thankful for our season together there in CO. Love our Hernadez family.

      Delete